November 24th, 2015
Do you face mobility challenges? An outdoor accessibility ramp will ensure you can enter and exit your home safely and with ease.
Take a look at what our certified technicians at ACG Medical Supply can design and build for you. This 12-foot modular ramp, by National Ramp, was installed this past week by Matt and Justin. This product gave one of our customers the freedom to exit his home without assistance for the first time in over a year.
ACG believes that everyone deserves to be independently mobile and live their life to the fullest. We are committed to excellent customer care and safety.
Contact the ACG Rowlett Showroom at 972-463-0737 or the Bedford Showroom at 817-685-8883 and schedule a free home mobility assessment. We are here to keep you on the move!
November 11th, 2015
And Ways to Help Support Our Troops…
Too often we take for granted how lucky we are and the opportunities and freedoms afforded to us. ACG would like to extend sincere gratitude and appreciation on this Veterans Day to the many brave people who have served or currently serve in our military.
We stumbled upon The Welcome Home Blog – an online site that shares videos of surprise military homecomings. Just watching a few videos of returning soldiers is an emotional reminder of sacrifices paid by military families.
Here are some ways we all can express a huge Thank You to soldiers and their families not only on Veterans Day but all days to come:
- Say “thank you for your service” whenever you see a soldier in uniform.
- Pay for a coffee, lunch, or dessert when you see a military person in a restaurant. An act of kindness is a great way to show support.
- Write a letter through Operation Gratitude to deployed soldiers, wounded warriors, and veterans of previous conflicts. Have your child or grandchild draw a picture or write a card as well.
- Support our troops by supporting their families. Soldiers’ Angels provides aid to military families through several services including a holiday adoption program to help a family’s holiday needs.
- Volunteer to provide pet foster care for deployed soldiers through Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet.
Thank you veterans. Thank you former and current military personnel and your families. You are not forgotten.
November 5th, 2015
Our goal is to help people feel comfortable and walk with pride when using a cane. Owning a reliable walking stick or cane is an investment to your health and safety.
Brazos Walking Sticks, located in the Brazos River Valley area of central Texas, is a family-operated business offering handcrafted walking sticks and canes. Brazos has been producing high-quality, handmade walking sticks, hiking staffs, and walking canes for nearly 20 years. Most of their products are made in workshops located within a few miles of their facilities by local craftsmen, but all are made in the USA. With the beauty and functionality that each provides, it’s no wonder that so many customers have turned into collectors.
ACG Medical Supply is proud to provide a variety of these handmade walking sticks, hiking sticks, and trekking poles for purchase from our online store. Each one is individually crafted from the finest woods including sassafras, hickory, cherry, oak, sweet gum, and other exotic and native trees.
We guarantee that you will enjoy owning a Brazos Walking Stick or Walking Cane and will be proud to showing it off for many years. Shop Online or contact one of our friendly sales representatives about ordering yours today.
November 2nd, 2015
A nebulizer device is used to turn liquids into a mist which then can be easily inhaled into the lungs. Various illnesses and medical conditions might require the use of a nebulizer to convert and administer medications.
While the devices are fairly simple to operate and maintain, there are a few key parts that may need checking into if you experience difficulties in getting the nebulizer to perform correctly. Drive Medical has provided the following tips to troubleshoot a non-working nebulizer:
- Is the unit running? Turn the unit on and you should hear the motor. If the motor is not running, you will need to replace the unit.
- Is air coming out of the tubing? Disconnect the medication cup from the tubing to check for air.
- None or little air is coming out of the tubing.
- The intake filter is dirty and needs to be replaced.
- The tubing may be kinked. Straighten the tubing or replace with a new one.
- Air is coming out of the tubing.
- Your medicine may be too sticky or thick. Check with your physician about the need to dilute the medication.
- The medication cup may be clogged and needs to be cleaned or replaced.
- The medication cup is not assembled correctly or parts are missing. Reassemble or replace the medication cup.
ACG Medical Supply offers a variety of nebulizer styles and their accessories. Contact our Bedford or Rowlett Showroom and one of our helpful sales associates will be happy to assist you. We are here to make your life a breeze!
Download a copy of the Troubleshoot Your Nebulizer Guide (PDF) ⇒