And Ways to Help Support Our Troops…
Too often we take for granted how lucky we are and the opportunities and freedoms afforded to us. ACG would like to extend sincere gratitude and appreciation on this Veterans Day to the many brave people who have served or currently serve in our military.
We stumbled upon The Welcome Home Blog – an online site that shares videos of surprise military homecomings. Just watching a few videos of returning soldiers is an emotional reminder of sacrifices paid by military families.
Here are some ways we all can express a huge Thank You to soldiers and their families not only on Veterans Day but all days to come:
- Say “thank you for your service” whenever you see a soldier in uniform.
- Pay for a coffee, lunch, or dessert when you see a military person in a restaurant. An act of kindness is a great way to show support.
- Write a letter through Operation Gratitude to deployed soldiers, wounded warriors, and veterans of previous conflicts. Have your child or grandchild draw a picture or write a card as well.
- Support our troops by supporting their families. Soldiers’ Angels provides aid to military families through several services including a holiday adoption program to help a family’s holiday needs.
- Volunteer to provide pet foster care for deployed soldiers through Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet.
Thank you veterans. Thank you former and current military personnel and your families. You are not forgotten.