Here are some pointers we should consider when we are shopping for a bath chair for ourselves or a loved one:
- A bath chair is essential for the safety of anyone who is weak, unsteady or recovering from surgery.
- The bath chair is available in padded or non-padded versions. Most all bath chairs are height adjustable.
- Bath benches or bath chairs are available with arms or without arms.
- Bath chairs can include a backrest or you can get a simple bath chair without a back.
- Some bath chairs are designed to hold up to 250 pounds, while others can hold up to 500 pounds or more.
- Bath chairs are designed to go in a shower stall or a bathtub with a shower head installed.
- I like to suggest grab bars and hand held showers any time we are using a bath chair.